Excels at Defense, Reflexes and Traps. Good at Walland Shield.
Excels at Health, Beserk, and Strength. Good at Ice, Speed, and Shapeshift. Low Defense.
Excels at Luck, Wealth, and Bless. Good at Speed.
We have a new version of MQ2, version 1.65, that addresses game balance, descriptions, bugs, etc. Full release notes to follow...
- The hand with the weapon used in counter attacks is now marked in the equipment screen ( usually the right hand if possible ). Also the same hand is used in cleave attacks.
- Tweaked the formula for growth of power of magic skills. It no longer scales exponentially. It's now a linear growth.
- Greatly reduced the growth of magic cost for all spells.
- Decreased the effectiveness of alchemy from .75% per point to .50% per point. This is to balance the buffs to scrolls and potions
- Increased the power of potions and scrolls.
- Earthquake has been lowered in magic cost and the area of effect is now + 1/2 range and 1/2 area bonuses on equipment + an additional hex for every 100 points in the skill.
- Everyone has at least average growth in shapeshift. Mages and Berserkers have high growth.
- Golem stats have been lowered.
- Summoned golem + shapeshifted bear claws level is now determined by the level of the golem or bear. The golem or bear get increases to their claw at level 4 / 9 / 15 / 22 / 30 / 39 and so on.
- Raised the magic cost of the shapeshift spell.
- The health of the bear from shapeshift is no longer derived from the current magic level of the caster.
- The bear from shapeshift now shares magic with the caster, when using spells in bear form the magic is deducted from the original form. However the magic cost of spells in bear form is DOUBLED.
- The bear from shapeshift shares all skills that the caster has at full strength ( even if not listed ). Previously the bear shared all the skills at only half strength.
- The earth dragon you can hatch on Map 4 now has claws level 6 ( was 4 ).
- Barbarians and Berserkers can now learn the shapeshift skill at level 6.
- Barbarians and Berserkers now have more health and magic.
- Reduced the negative effect removal power of purify. It removes negative effects at half power.
- Changed a lot of skills around for classes. Healers are now good at Wizardry and learn shield and wall at level 4. Every spell skill is at average or better for each class. Many other adjustments.
- Defending in combat now works ( was broken ). Defending raises defense by 15% and the chance to counter by 50%.
- Fixed a bug with poison damage and shapeshift.
- Tightened up the AI some more. No longer moves without attacking if it can attack.
- Fixed a bug with place units at the beginning of battle. Sometimes the Unit graphic could get stuck.
- Fixed a display bug with the leech skill.
- Fixed incorrect info on the cleave and pierce descriptions.
- Clarified some skill descriptions.
Play MazeQuest 2
w, a, s, d / up, left, down and right
for map movement. Also you can click on a map square to pathfind to that location.
return / enter and space confirm and escape exits.
In the main map screen:
escape, shift, o - open settings window
b, space - open the backpack
m - full screen mini map
In the shop screen ( not tavern and church )
up, down, pageup, pagedown, mouse wheel - scroll item list
s - sell screen ( only in the pawn shop )
escape, space - leave
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - click item in slot 1, 2, 3... etc
In the church screen
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 select party member 1, 2 , 3... etc
escape, space - back
h, return - heal selected party member
In the tavern screen
space, escape - leave
up, down, pageup, pagedown, mouse wheel - scroll mercenaries
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 click mercenary in slot 1, 2 , 3... etc
In the main menu screen
q, escape - quit
n, return - new game
l - load
o - options
In the combat screen
return, space - confirm, done
i - info
d - defend, confirm
r - run
m, o - options
a, ai move unit
s, tab - spell
u, b - backpack
escape, shift - cancel / back
In the settings / options screen
escape, space - back
q - quit to main menu
s - save game
l - load game
In the unit screen
escape, return, space - close window
tab - cycle through party units
e - equip
h - hire ( if in tavern )
f - if the unit is in your party
b - back, only if your in the levelup screen
s - spell
a - ai toggle on / off
r - rename
1-9 click skills 1-9
In the backpack and the spell screens
escape, space - close
up, down, pageup, pagedown, mouse wheel - scroll items
s - sort
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 click item in slot 1, 2 , 3... etc
In the item info screen
escape, space - close
d - drop
u - use
e - equip
s - sell
b - buy
In the item confirm window
n, space - no
return - yes
left, pagedown - less
right, pageup - more
( displayed format = Strength / Duration )
Summoned - For summoned units only, when the time runs out the summon disappears.
Poison - Damages unit by the strength amount every turn or every step for the duration.
Bless - increases damage + defense + resistance by the strength amount shown in the character screen
Curse - decreases damage + defense + resistance by the strength amount shown in the character screen
Morale - increases literally everything ( damage, defense, resistance, chance to counter etc.. ) by the strength shown in the character screen and always lasts only 5 rounds.
Berserk - increases damage by the strength amount, and chance to critical by 1/2 the strength amount. Also gives a bonus to speed by the strength amount.
Wall - protects a unit from physical damage equal to strength. When it takes damage = strength or the time runs out it disappears.
Shield - protects a unit from magical damage equal to strength. When it takes damage = strength or the time runs out it disappears. The Bolt spell ignores shield.
Shocked - Gives a penalty to initiative ( determines how fast you get your turn ) of strength and lasts for duration.
Slowed - Gives a penalty to mobility of strength and lasts for duration.
Shaken - Lowers chance to dodge by strength and lasts for duration.
Burned - Lowers damage by strength and lasts for duration.
Dazed - Lowers chance to hit by strength and lasts for duration.
Poison can be removed by Purify.
All other negative effects can be removed by Dispel.
Curse can be removed with Bless.
Summoned / Morale / Berserk cannot be removed other by waiting for the time to run out.
Bless / Wall / Shield can be removed on an enemy target with Dispel.