We have a new version of MQ2, version 1.65, that addresses game balance, descriptions, bugs, etc. Full release notes to follow...
- The hand with the weapon used in counter attacks is now marked in the equipment screen ( usually the right hand if possible ). Also the same hand is used in cleave attacks.
- Tweaked the formula for growth of power of magic skills. It no longer scales exponentially. It's now a linear growth.
- Greatly reduced the growth of magic cost for all spells.
- Decreased the effectiveness of alchemy from .75% per point to .50% per point. This is to balance the buffs to scrolls and potions
- Increased the power of potions and scrolls.
- Earthquake has been lowered in magic cost and the area of effect is now + 1/2 range and 1/2 area bonuses on equipment + an additional hex for every 100 points in the skill.
- Everyone has at least average growth in shapeshift. Mages and Berserkers have high growth.
- Golem stats have been lowered.
- Summoned golem + shapeshifted bear claws level is now determined by the level of the golem or bear. The golem or bear get increases to their claw at level 4 / 9 / 15 / 22 / 30 / 39 and so on.
- Raised the magic cost of the shapeshift spell.
- The health of the bear from shapeshift is no longer derived from the current magic level of the caster.
- The bear from shapeshift now shares magic with the caster, when using spells in bear form the magic is deducted from the original form. However the magic cost of spells in bear form is DOUBLED.
- The bear from shapeshift shares all skills that the caster has at full strength ( even if not listed ). Previously the bear shared all the skills at only half strength.
- The earth dragon you can hatch on Map 4 now has claws level 6 ( was 4 ).
- Barbarians and Berserkers can now learn the shapeshift skill at level 6.
- Barbarians and Berserkers now have more health and magic.
- Reduced the negative effect removal power of purify. It removes negative effects at half power.
- Changed a lot of skills around for classes. Healers are now good at Wizardry and learn shield and wall at level 4. Every spell skill is at average or better for each class. Many other adjustments.
- Defending in combat now works ( was broken ). Defending raises defense by 15% and the chance to counter by 50%.
- Fixed a bug with poison damage and shapeshift.
- Tightened up the AI some more. No longer moves without attacking if it can attack.
- Fixed a bug with place units at the beginning of battle. Sometimes the Unit graphic could get stuck.
- Fixed a display bug with the leech skill.
- Fixed incorrect info on the cleave and pierce descriptions.
- Clarified some skill descriptions.